Ask any business owner and they will tell you that the most important part of a business is the customers. It’s easy to understand why – they are the primary source of revenue. For this reason, good businesses invest a considerable amount of resources in formation of a customer service program designed to engage and nurture customers as they, in turn, engage with the business in various stages of the funnel.
Customer Service through Live Chat
Cart abandonment is the bane of online businesses. It is often a source of frustration as a significant amount of resources have already been invested on the customer during earlier stages just to see no returns on the initial investment. Studies show that 69.89% of carts are abandoned on average for several reasons. In another study, it was revealed that 60% of carts are abandoned due to extravagant hidden or extra fees prior to checkout while 52% cited mistrust as the cause for the abandonment.
As a measure to recover abandoned carts, some businesses send out cart abandonment emails to customers to help guide them back and finish the checkout process. However, this may not be as effective a method as one might think. Here are some statistics on cart recovery emails:
- Only 40% of cart recovery emails are opened.
- Among those opened, only 21% received click-throughs.
- 50% of those who clicked completed the purchase.
Based on those statistics alone, you can tell that out of a hundred abandoned carts, only 4 carts care recovered, which accounts for a cart recovery rate of only 4%. This is perhaps due to the fact that customers don’t necessarily check their emails right after shopping online. Once they get to read their emails, a significant amount of time has already passed, which sees their level of interest already diminished at that point.
To provide an even better chance of recovering an abandoned cart, or simply stop customers from abandoning their carts altogether, many different companies now employ live chat to provide assistance to customers during or nearing the end of a sale in order to help curb cart abandonment. In fact, live chat is now the preferred support channel of customers and often enjoy higher ratings than other customer support channels due to the speedy nature and level of personalization achieved in conversations.
Incorporating live chat into your customer service strategy not only helps your business recover abandoned carts but retain customers, as well, by providing exceptional customer service. It helps drive growth to the business by nurturing customers and increasing sales.
Top 6 Live Chat Plugins for WordPress
If you’re thinking about adding live to your current customer service strategy, then you’re in luck. We’ve compiled a list of six of the best plugins that you can add to your WordPress site. These plugins are among the best in this competitive market because you deserve only the best. Plus, they are easy to install and use.
Let’s get right to it.
The Social Intents Live Chat App is a powerful tool that you can use to provide real-time support from Slack or a web dashboard. It allows you to engage with your customers even while they begin their journey through your sales funnel and guide them along the way as they flow through the funnel.
When your customers browse through your site, a simple, yet beautiful chatbox, appears to give them the opportunity to ask for assistance throughout the buying process or ask questions, which you can answer quickly.
The beauty of the Social Intents Live Chat App is that it has a tight integration with Slack that allows you to chat right from your Slack desktop or mobile site. It can can be integrated into a variety of CMS Platforms including WordPress, Shopify, Bigcommerce, Magento, and Wix. Plus, it’s easy to set up. All you have to do is copy a small snippet of code into the theme or install one of their plugins.
- Native Slack Integration
- Unlimited Agents
- Unlimited Chats
- Customize the chat box to create an image that suits your brand through custom colors, logos, text, tab styles, and even default responses.
- Set up targeting rules for various parts of the customer journey to trigger proactive invites.
- Create automated responses to frequently asked questions and shortcuts that you can use from within the web console or Slack.
- Optimized for usage on mobile for both visitors and agents.
- Highly scalable application with competitive pricing packages that do not account for number of agents.
- Set up automatic chat invites that can help you reach out to potential customers.
- Generate transcripts and reports on previous chat sessions.
- Zapier integration allows you to send leads and transcripts anywhere.
It’s as the name implies. LiveChatInc is a live chat solution that was created to provide customers as well as live chat agents with an easy way to communicate. On every visit to the site, the customer is greeted with a chat box at the bottom of the page where agents are able to offer them assistance throughout the entire process. When closed, a chatbox icon still remains so the customer is still able to get back to the conversation after some time. Customers are able to leave feedback and rate every conversation they have with an agent.
- Chat window customization allowing for greater personalization
- Easy integration into a variety of CMS Platforms using a plugin
- Indicators for customer waiting, allowing you to react faster during each interaction
- Full report on conversation history with various clients
- Pricing available on a per-agent basis
3. Zendesk Chat
Zendesk Chat is one of the more popular live chat plugins for WordPress users. It is a free tool that is highly customizable with a variety of custom layouts and themes available. It allows you to respond easily to messages sent by visitors through the external Zopim Dashboard. Opening the dashboard gives you access to various metrics that allow you track chat performances, review chat history, and learn about customers real-time. The best thing is that the dashboard can be accessed even on the go using the app designed for Android and iOS devices.
A free subscription for the app is more appropriate for small websites because it only allows one agent to handle unlimited chats, although restricted to one at a time.
- Send targeted messages based on customer behavior through various triggers
- Generate leads through pre-chat forms that ask for visitor contact information prior to any chat
- Gather feedback on chats to improve future chat performances
- File sharing for easier solutions to problems
- Chatbot integration to introduce artificial intelligence into customer service and automate various tasks
4. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is a small yet feature-packed live chat plugin that is simple and lightweight. It comes with a fully-customizable chat widget packed with many different features such as language customization, full integration, and unlimited live chat.
- Full customization of the chat widget including the chat box, various fields, and language
- Enabled file transfer for easier handling of customer queries and problems
- Trigger-based actions and notifications such as popup messages for customers nearing a sale or those showing exit intent
- Easy integration with various website builders and popular apps
- Faster gathering of customer information
- Chat transcript history
- Customers are able to leave contact information when you’re offline
Formilla is a free live chat solution that is also available in a premium package. The standard free version allows the plugin to be installed on a single website, which will allow you to receive up to 30 total chats every month. For small businesses with a small customer base, this would be enough. For larger business expecting plenty of traffic, a premium version is available.
- Canned responses to questions frequently asked by visitors for easier query handling
- Easily acquire information from customers when you are away for later correspondence
- Proactive message sending for customers at various stages of the funnel
- Track visitors during site visits to glean information based on user behavior
- Enable desktop notification to easily keep track of ongoing conversations
- Ability to track and respond to customer questions by using iOS and Android app
Casengo is a popular WordPress Live Chat plugins available due to its ability to integrate even on email and social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Using Casengo, agents are able to respond to queries posted on such channels directly from your own website using the app. Like other freemium plugins, Casengo is available in both free and premium plans, which offers you a free 30-day trial period when you subscribe.
- Easy customization of chat interface
- Ability to respond to live chat conversations from a smartphone or tablet using the mobile app
- Send proactive messages that target various customers while browsing your site
- Facebook and Twitter integration